Cooking with your kids can be an invaluable lesson, that will teach your children to really appreciate food, while learning the basics in the kitchen, and these amazing lessons will carry with them into adulthood. There’s a great deal that goes into cooking; math, hand-eye coordination, and creativity, all really good for kids to develop at a young age.
Simple ways to get started:
- Ask them what they would like to prepare.
- Have them assist you with reading a recipe.
- Allow them to measure some of the ingredients out.
- Have them chop some of the ingredients.
- Try no-cook recipes when getting started so they will get instant gratification for their efforts.
- Find some kid-friendly cook books, full of nice pictures.